If you were recently diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder or even dealing with it for a while now, Dr. Parisi and his team of affordable counselors in Chicago have some tips to help you (or you help your loved one) better deal with the diagnosis. Our low cost physiologists can also help you with more personal treatment in Des Plaines, Arlington Heights, Schaumburg, Barrington, Hinsdale, Skokie, Lincolnwood, Park Ridge, and Wilmette.
- Take ownership of your illness. Our affordable psychologists are not saying it is your fault that you have bipolar disorder, but we ask that you take responsibility to get help, work toward a healthier lifestyle, and follow your treatment prescribed by one of our Chicago counselors.
- Take control of your lifestyle. Most likely, medications are going to need to be taken daily and you must be consistent. Don’t drink alcohol and avoid stimulants such as caffeine and nicotine. You are going to have to make life changes to make your treatment plan a success. There are many options for counseling in Chicago that can help with this.
- Sleep. Sleep deprivation can greatly impact your mood. You will need to shoot for seven to eight hours of good sleep a night to make sure you are at you best.
- Minimize stress. We all have stressors in our life, but you should learn better coping techniques to make sure these little stressors don’t become major problems. Your affordable counselor can help you find strategies that work for you.
- Your Chicago therapist is there to help. This is a big one. Your affordable Chicago counselor can provide you better support when you are consistent and honest. Make and keep your regularly prescribed appointments and use your time together to better your treatment plant. Don’t make changes without talking to your psychologist first.
- Gain and share knowledge. Educate yourself on your disorder and share what you learn with those around you. The more you and others around you know about what is going on inside your body, the better you all will be equipped to keep it under control. An affordable psychologist at Dr. Parisi and Associates can help you find reliable sources.
- Use your support system. Hiding this from your friends and family (don’t forget your therapist) is not going to help and more than likely will end up hurting relationships. Be honest and let them know when and how they can help you, even if sometimes that means you just need them to back off for a while. Use the support you have will making coping with the disorder easier for everyone.
Remembering all these tips isn’t always the easiest thing when you are in different mood cycles. It is important to let those in your support system be a part of your treatment plan, so they can help you feel your best.
Contact our affordable psychologists or psychiatrists in Chicago or one of our behavioral therapy specialists in Chicago the surrounding area including Mt. Prospect and Des Plaines, Arlington Heights, Schaumburg, Barrington, Hinsdale, Skokie, Lincolnwood, Park Ridge, and Wilmette.